Kalamazoo woman works to provide shoes for children in need
By Joe Stando | MLive Media Group
Valerie Denghel is the founder of the First Day Shoe Fund, a nonprofit which helps low-income students at Kalamazoo Public Schools.
The organization provides new shoes to kindergarten through third-grade students who need them.
For Denghel, winner of the STAR (Sharing Time and Resources) Award in the Career Volunteer Category, the cause was an obvious one.
- All the deets on our 2014 MLK Day of Service February 19, 2014 Volunteer Kalamazoo
- National Mentoring Month Opens Doors for Local Volunteers to Influence Young Lives January 17, 2014 Volunteer Kalamazoo
- Calling all Volunteer Managers! January 13, 2014 Volunteer Kalamazoo
- Celebrating our Youth Service Council December 13, 2013 Volunteer Kalamazoo
- Tickets are on sale now for Eat Drink Give, Volunteer Kalamazoo’s annual party. December 2, 2013 Volunteer Kalamazoo