Kalamazoo woman works to provide shoes for children in need
By Joe Stando | MLive Media Group
Valerie Denghel is the founder of the First Day Shoe Fund, a nonprofit which helps low-income students at Kalamazoo Public Schools.
The organization provides new shoes to kindergarten through third-grade students who need them.
For Denghel, winner of the STAR (Sharing Time and Resources) Award in the Career Volunteer Category, the cause was an obvious one.
- A Year in Review November 26, 2014 Libby Ziemelis
- We took a day to remember, to give back October 7, 2014 Libby Ziemelis
- Volunteering = Community June 23, 2014 Libby Ziemelis
- Outstanding Volunteers: Michigan Student Service Award Recipients June 9, 2014 Matt Vargo
- AmeriCorps*VISTA Position Available June 8, 2014 Matt Vargo