While Volunteer Kalamazoo isn’t in the business of connecting students with internships, we know how important interns can be to nonprofit organizations. (And one or two of us here at Volunteer Kalamazoo started out as interns!) We also know how valuable internship experience can be to students that want to go beyond volunteering.
We are excited to feature a Michigan nonprofit that does specialize in the intern “business”: Intern In Michigan.
Check out this short video explaining how Intern in Michigan technology works.
Since its launch in November 2011, over 14,000 students from across the state have registered with Intern in Michigan. These talented students represent all major colleges and universities in the state and are actively seeking careers in Michigan.
Internships help attract and retain young talent. Enhance your current hiring practices by posting opportunities with Intern in Michigan. With this system, your opportunity’s range is amplified, allowing your organization to reach a greater audience of potential employees.
Gain valuable experience (whether in the nonprofit sector or beyond) to enhance your resume, build your network, learn new skills and more in a structured internship experience. You can register on the Intern in Michigan site and search through hundreds of internship opportunities throughout the state.
- Volunteer Kalamazoo is Hiring! May 23, 2013 Libby Ziemelis
- Introducing Carrie Vanderbush, Executive Director of Volunteer Kalamazoo May 17, 2013 Carrie Vanderbush
- Pressing Needs… May 17, 2013 Amanda Reel
- Volunteer Kalamazoo Recognized as Michigan’s Volunteer Center of the Year April 30, 2013 Libby Ziemelis
- Hope Network: Hope On Wheels April 16, 2013 Amanda Reel