For more than 45 years, Volunteer Kalamazoo has helped nonprofit organizations in Kalamazoo County with their volunteer management needs. Organizations serving a myriad of causes addressing everything from homelessness to the conservation of natural resources have relied on Volunteer Kalamazoo to find volunteers who want to make a difference. However, most nonprofits know that finding volunteers is just the beginning.
Building and managing an effective volunteer program is no easy task, but Volunteer Kalamazoo is here to help. As a Kalamazoo County nonprofit, with 501(c)(3) status, you are eligible to access services uniquely designed to establish or strengthen your existing volunteer programs. Any nonprofit organization in the Greater Kalamazoo area or nonprofits serving residents in Kalamazoo can register their volunteer opportunities.
We’re here to help you.
Each year thousands of people contact Volunteer Kalamazoo to find opportunities to serve their community.
Connecting people to community needs is a vital part of the work of Volunteer Kalamazoo. We invite you to register with the us, which will enable us to send volunteer referrals to your organization through our online referral service. Please complete one Volunteer Opportunity Form for each opportunity you would like to have posted.
After your organization registration and volunteer opportunities are entered into our system, your organization will be able to:
- Register as many volunteer opportunities as you need.
- Easily make changes to opportunities by contacting Volunteer Kalamazoo. Open or close opportunities as volunteers as needed, without ever having to retype the position descriptions.
- Get basic contact information for all of the potential volunteers referred to your organization.
We hope that our online program will make recruiting volunteers easier for your organization. If you have any questions, please firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 269-382-8350.
Additionally, we are here to serve your volunteer management needs. Click below to learn more our about capacity building training:
Need to recognize your best volunteers? Click here to learn how Volunteer Kalamazoo can help you with meaningful recognition programs!
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Here are some other resources:
ONEplace @ KPL is a nonprofit resource center with many additional services to offer nonprofit organizations in Kalamazoo County.
Michigan Nonprofit Association serves nonprofits to advance their missions.
- Volunteer Kalamazoo is Hiring! May 23, 2013 Libby Ziemelis
- Introducing Carrie Vanderbush, Executive Director of Volunteer Kalamazoo May 17, 2013 Carrie Vanderbush
- Pressing Needs… May 17, 2013 Amanda Reel
- Volunteer Kalamazoo Recognized as Michigan’s Volunteer Center of the Year April 30, 2013 Libby Ziemelis
- Hope Network: Hope On Wheels April 16, 2013 Amanda Reel