Days of Service
Global Youth Service Day: April 18, 2015
The largest National Day of Service, Global Youth Service day engages youth of all ages around the globe – all working to make a difference. Join us on April 18th at a variety of locations (TBD).
Check back to learn more.
Our last day of service…
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service: January 19, 2015
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: ‘What are you doing for others?'”
Each year, Americans across the country answer that question by coming together on the King Holiday to serve their neighbors and communities.
The MLK Day of Service is a part of United We Serve, the President’s national call to service initiative. It calls for Americans from all walks of life to work together to provide solutions to our most pressing national problems.
Volunteer Kalamazoo is excited to partner with nonprofit organizations and the City of Kalamazoo to engage volunteers for this annual day of service.
Join us for all of our upcoming Days of Service:
- Make a Difference Day happening October 25, 2014
- MLK Day of Service happening on January 19, 2015
- Global Youth Service Day happening on April 18, 2015
Past Day of Service Projects
- MLK Day 2014
- Make a Difference Day 2012
- 9/11 Family Day of Service 2012
- 9/15 Community Day of Service 2012
- Global Youth Service Day 2012
- MLK Day 2012
- Make a Difference Day & WMU Fall Into the Streets 2011
- 9/11 Day of Service & Remembrance
- Global Youth Service Day 2011
- MLK Day 2011
- Navy recruits take to the streets
- Biggs|Gilmore Gives Back
- Beginnings February 27, 2015 Libby Ziemelis
- A Year in Review November 26, 2014 Libby Ziemelis
- We took a day to remember, to give back October 7, 2014 Libby Ziemelis
- Volunteering = Community June 23, 2014 Libby Ziemelis
- Outstanding Volunteers: Michigan Student Service Award Recipients June 9, 2014 Matt Vargo