Are you a middle or high school student interested in volunteering? Or do you need service hours for school? We make it easy for you to get involved through our VOLUNTEENS program. VOLUNTEENS is a year long program offered to middle and high school students looking to volunteer in their community.
Benefits of being a VOLUNTEEN:
- Fulfillment of school or other service requirements
- Unique experience for college and scholarship applications
- Gain work experience for job opportunities
- Explore future careers while improving the community
- Participate in group volunteering
- Have a whole lot of fun with your fellow VOLUNTEENS!
How to apply:
Create an account with us in order to participate in VOLUNTEENS. Your account allows you to access volunteering listings and track your hours!
Before applying, be sure you talk to your parent or guardian.
You will be contacted via email by Volunteer Kalamazoo within a week of submitting your application.
To kick off our program, we have an orientation in October. You’ll learn more about group volunteering opportunities, interact with fellow VOLUNTEENS and Youth Service Council members, enjoy free snacks, get a FREE T-Shirt, and more! Miss orientation? Not a problem! Anyone who has been accepted into the VOLUNTEENS program may participate regardless of attending orientation.