Are you a middle or high school student interested in volunteering? Or do you need service hours for school? We make it easy for you to get involved through our VolunTEENS program. VolunTEENS is a year long program offered to middle and high school students looking to volunteer in their community.
Benefits of being a VolunTEEN:
- You get access to a special listing of VolunTEENS-only opportunities during the summer (in addition to our year-round youth opportunities)
- Gain work experience for job applications
- Helps you stand out on college and scholarship applications
- Fulfillment of school or other service requirements
- Opportunities to explore future careers while learning new skills
- Exposes you to new people and experiences while improving your community
- You get to have a whole lot of fun!
How to apply:
We make it easy for you to apply online! If you would prefer to fill out a paper copy, you may request one by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, be sure you talk to your parent or guardian about VolunTEENS before applying.
If you do not already have one, you will also have to create an account with us in order to participate in VolunTEENS. Your account is how you access the private VolunTEENS listings and is also a great way for you to keep track of your hours!
After submitting your application, you should receive an email confirmation. You will then be contacted by someone from Volunteer Kalamazoo within a week of submitting your application.
VolunTEENS summer programming:
We encourage all VolunTEENS to participate in our special summer programming. From June through August we offer a private listing of opportunities that are designed to go beyond your typical volunteer opportunity by helping to build the skills and knowledge you are most interested in. To kick off our summer program, we have an orientation in June. Miss orientation? Not a problem! Anyone who has been accepted into the VolunTEENS program may participate!