Want to be a leader for teen volunteering in the Kalamazoo community? We invite you to join our Youth Service Council! We are looking for motivated young women and men, entering grades 9-12, within Kalamazoo County to represent their high school and youth in their area.
The overall goals of the council will be to:
- Improve the community through diverse types of service
- Connect other youth to volunteering through a variety of promotion efforts
- Advise Volunteer Kalamazoo on all aspects related to youth volunteer engagement
Members of the council will be expected to:
- Attend meetings once a month, September through May
- Participate in discussions and make decisions about youth council activities
- Plan volunteer events to take place throughout the year, including Global youth Service Day in April
- Fund-raise for council activities
Applications will be accepted every year from June 1st through July 31st. Applicants will be contacted in August for an interview. Final decisions will be made before the end of August.
Questions? Contact Emelia Moore at 269.382.8350 x201 or firstname.lastname@example.org